1 (edited by bro47 22-Jan-2009 06:20:20)

Topic: abdullah no sweat

posted by jch. Another driver I met was during the Summer of 1972 on my way from Kandahar to Kabul at night. My bus started giving trouble and at the first checkpost I stopped before having to turn back. At that moment an empty 41 seater coach turned up with 'No Sweat Overland Tours ' emblazoned on the side. The driver was a guy called

Re: abdullah no sweat

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/bro47/th_lahoreabdullanosweat2.jpg

I met abdullah no-sweat in lahore in november 1973 at the shaheen hotel. he said he was from nigeria and seemed to know a lot of people in pakistan. we traveled together for a couple of weeks and he introduced me to the abbassi brothers of hyderabad then left for quetta. what ever happened to him?
alan

Hi Alan, My name is Carie Trotochau and my then boyfriend David Oustayan and I too knew Abdula "No Sweat" We lived with the Abbasi family in Hyderabad Sind , in 1973. We traveled with the Abbasi family to Nawabsha, Larkana, Lahore, and other places. Maqbol and his brothers came to USA and stayed with us in California.  Dave and I are looking for a man by the name of Doug he's about 6"5 we can't remember his last name. He attended a bear and dog fight in one of the provenances. he was from Indianapolis. We have many pictures and stories. We were not on the bus you speak of. Doug has pictures of the bear and dog fight, our camera with pictures was stolen on the train in Kabul border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. So ironic to run across your post, actually David found it. If you wish to correspond We would love it. delphingc@aol.com

I met Abdullah 'no sweat' in the Khandahar jail in May of 1973. I had been busted at the Spin Buldak border trying to take out a kilo of hash. I spent a month in that jail. After two weeks this Nigerian guy gets jailed there. He tells me his name is Abdullah 'no sweat'. His crime was having several passports, though he was also a prolific smuggler of hashish, but they had not caught him for that. He told me he got that nickname of, 'no sweat' because he somehow got away with smuggling hash and other stuff through borders without getting caught. When people asked him how he did it he replied, 'no sweat'. Thus the nickname. He was still in the jail when I got out, and I did not see him again. I had an Islamic trial with with a cut and dried case of, 'guilty of smuggling' (a kilo of hash). I was was fined $500.00 and sent on my merry way (to Pakistan/India/Nepal).
Any way about ten years ago I had also posted that story on this website/forum, but I can not find that original post now. Then sometime after that original posting I get an e-mail out of the blue from the very same Abdullah. He told me he was married with some kids and living a 'straight life' in Nigeria. He said he had read my previous post on this forum and looked up my name on the internet and somehow got my e-mail address.

If anyone can help me find Abdullah or any of the Abassis, Maqbool, Mahmood, Iqbal, or Nizar please contact me at. bro4745@gmail.com  I would like to thank them for their hospitality and for changing my life.

Bhante Rahula wrote:

I met Abdullah 'no sweat' in the Khandahar jail in May of 1973. I had been busted at the Spin Buldak border trying to take out a kilo of hash. I spent a month in that jail. After two weeks this Nigerian guy gets jailed there. He tells me his name is Abdullah 'no sweat'. His crime was having several passports, though he was also a prolific smuggler of hashish, but they had not caught him for that. He told me he got that nickname of, 'no sweat' because he somehow got away with smuggling hash and other stuff through borders without getting caught. When people asked him how he did it he replied, 'no sweat'. Thus the nickname. He was still in the jail when I got out, and I did not see him again. I had an Islamic trial with with a cut and dried case of, 'guilty of smuggling' (a kilo of hash). I was was fined $500.00 and sent on my merry way (to Pakistan/India/Nepal).
Any way about ten years ago I had also posted that story on this website/forum, but I can not find that original post now. Then sometime after that original posting I get an e-mail out of the blue from the very same Abdullah. He told me he was married with some kids and living a 'straight life' in Nigeria. He said he had read my previous post on this forum and looked up my name on the internet and somehow got my e-mail address.

I cannot find the one e-mail I received from Abdullah No-sweat. It was seven or eight years ago. Sorry I cannot help you with that.

Bhante,
I was surprised to find your post about Abdullah Nosweat. If you have any follow up info please contact me.
https://bro47481296290.wordpress.com/
Or bro4745@gmail.com